Ancient wisdom

Despite some minor antimatter contamination issues, for which, I may add, I lay the blame solely at Gideon’s door, the collection of anti-helium continues high above our heads on the International Space Station. I have also made significant progress with pinpointing the origin of these captivating cosmic rays, which I always knew would be beyond the local supercluster of galaxies. My calculations show that they have travelled distances that are far beyond the comprehension of our primitive brains – tens of Megaparsecs! It won’t be much longer before I have determined the precise location of the first antimatter galaxy to be discovered by mankind!

Since my realisation regarding the hidden meaning in ancient and more contemporary depictions of sunlight I’ve been driven to investigate further what lessons can be learnt from more ‘spiritual’ teachings. Although this new area of research is quite alien to me, it has already revealed insights that resonate with me in a way that feels paradoxically familiar. It also evokes sensations that I had seemingly forgotten one can feel; the sense of adventure in studying a new domain; that spark of pure awe that comes from connecting disparate ideas and the wonderment of learning from ancient civilisations.

Somewhat coincidentally, this spiritual avenue of research into eschatological philosophies of rebirth and new beginnings has, via many strands, pointed to the significance of this very year 2012. For example, destruction and creation are central themes in Hindu theology, represented by the gods Shiva and Brahma respectively. In India, a guru believed by millions to be an incarnation of the supreme God Vishnu preaches that 2012 is the year that humans will become enlightened and this will mark the end of an age of degeneracy. Similarly the Mayan calendar, frequently misinterpreted by so-called experts and woefully distorted by the mass media, marks December 21st 2012 as the end of the current ‘b’ak’tun’ era. Despite what you may have been exposed to in ridiculous Hollywood films and trashy thriller novels, there is no evidence that this date signified Armageddon to the Mayan people. Quite the opposite, scholars are confident that the Mayans expected a new dawn to begin after this date and that it would signify a period of celebrated change.


Consideration of the true nature of both of these religious philosophies brings to mind two of my favourite quotes: ‘What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly’ and ‘The world dies over and over again; but the skeleton always gets up and walks’.

There are too many coincidences here for this not to be significant; the discovery of the anti- galaxy, the hidden meaning that I’ve uncovered in numerous works of art, it seems that I, Charles Mullock, was placed on this Earth, at this time, to make these discoveries. But for what purpose? Am I preordained to bring about this prophesied era of change for humanity? To usher in a new dawn for the ultimate good of humanity? Can I somehow consign the war, famine and death in this world to the annals of human history, to be replaced by love, peace and enlightenment? I’ve always thought we have a responsibility to seek the best for ourselves, not as individuals, but as an entire race. That we must... as a unified people... choose our destiny.