A new hope for mankind

I can’t go on dreaming of a utopian anti-world I will never see, I simply can’t. It’s permeated my dreams, my day dreams, maybe my very consciousness and I can’t go on. To keep dreaming of a world I know I’ll never see, a place of such beauty, only to awaken in this poor substitute is...

Our world is so full of suffering, anguish and pain and life seems truly suffocating. I can tell I am not alone. I’m sure many of those around me feel the same, although they have not had their eyes opened like I have. They continue to shuffle around unknowingly in this miserable world.

I must share a revelation that struck me today. Gideon and I were examining samples in the laboratory. As always, my mind was elsewhere, struggling with how our celestial antimatter could be harnessed to best serve mankind. Gideon was droning on, as she increasingly does, no doubt trying to convince me of the validity of some infantile hypothesis she has concocted. It was all I could do not to scream my contempt for her when suddenly, from nowhere, the revelation struck me. Now I’ve had eureka moments before, but the strength of this realisation shook me to my core. If sufficient quantities of antimatter could be slowly, gradually, released on Earth, dispersed across the planet’s atmosphere, then the energy released from the matter- antimatter collisions could be sufficient to trigger a cascading atomic disintegration. Just as Teller feared would happen with the first atomic bombs, we can unleash a chain reaction of nitrogen fusion that will eventually consume the Earth, transforming it into a ball of pure energy! And at the heart of this ball of energy, a seed of antimatter around which our new world will coalesce. We can, atom by atom, unpick the rotten structure that underpins our world and annihilate all the hatred, pain and suffering. And better yet! We can rebuild it with a nobler, truer foundation. A foundation of antimatter!

To layman on the street, this enterprise might seem cataclysmic, but with a true architect at its core, someone of clear mind and iron resolve, I believe this is a chance for humanity to redeem itself. Its last and only chance. Many will claim that I am mad, but my mind has never been clearer. To the untrained mind the loftiest intelligence is indistinguishable from madness.

To realise this opportunity will require the effort of hundreds, no thousands of individuals, coordinated by some kind of unifying enterprise. As I’m speaking these words, I’ve been struck by an astonishing idea... I must go.. more will follow.