AMS Update


It’s working! The data is coming down! In fact there’s so much data that we can hardly keep up with the analysis. The detectors on the AMS are being struck almost twenty-five thousand times a second by different cosmic rays so we’re working all hours to interpret the data. One thing is for sure, I could not do this alone! My research partner Gideon has been such a source of strength and inspiration of the last few weeks. I can only hope our hard work will prove fruitful. But why shouldn’t it? There is every possibility that we have the data we need to prove the existence of significant pockets of antimatter out there in our Universe.

We’re dog tired from all the analysis and I can scarcely stop my mind wandering. I find myself daydreaming of anti-stars and alternate worlds of antimatter. Who knows what these worlds would be like? Do they abide by the same physical rules as our own matter world? Has life managed to evolve? If it has, how advanced are these beings? The endless possibilities of anti-life.. anti-culture.. anti-love.. swirl through my brain.
It’s out here, it has to be, I just know it...